Compact, strong and low-weight gauges for thickness checking at any working stage. Frame is painted with an epoxy powder lacquer so providing high resistance to chemicals.
All sizes may be customized (see picture) – max 6 digits – in the frame and/or in the dial by screen printing.
Available sizes: 30 mm, 220 mm, 310 mm, 460 mm equipped with plane (standard), round or large contacts.
CONTACT REPLACEMENT – SORACO THICKNESS GAUGES
1. Remove upper contact screw 16
2. Replace the contact with the wanted one
3. Insert upper contact screw 16 and block it. Pay attention not to block it too much to avoid damaging it!
4. Loosen lower contact screw 18, change the contact with the wanted one
5. Reset the gauge and block the lower contact screw again 18. Pay attention not to block it too much to avoid damaging the aluminium casting.
To reset the gauge, look at the video on :
MAINTENANCE OF DECIMAL THICKNESS GAUGES
1. Cleaning and lubrication
Cleaning and/or lubrication are more or less required in relation to the place where they are used. For example:
– Liming department
– Chrome tanning dept. (acids)
2.1.- Clean the gauge with a dry brush every night, after having worked all the day long, or dry it with sponge and cloth if wet. Please never use compressed air.
2.2.- Keep thickness gauge hanged to the wall with dial downward to avoid glass breakage.
2.3.- Every 2 / 3 days (twice a week) lubricate it with 1-2 drops of lubricating oil: pour it on the contact, open and close the lever softly, at least 10 times in order to allow the oil to penetrate upon the contacts and into the mechanism.
Only and exclusively if the thickness gauge is very very dirty – encrusted as used in lime departments : it is necessary to apply in the night 2-3 drops of “SVITOL” ( which is a solvent for rust and at the same time a lubricating solution). After this repeat same operations as explained under point 2.3.